Wednesday, May 29, 2013

School's Out for Summer

The countdown to summer is here, 7 1/2 days left for my kiddos. It seems like the year flew by and I am still in denial that my youngest will be starting Kinder in the fall. I try to always take mental snap shots and try my best to remember all of the small things because they grow so fast. I wish I was better about keeping a journal or scrapbook, maybe that should be my summer project along with a million other things I would like to craft and organize.  What do you do to keep those memories?  I would love to hear from you.  I have always loved making Shutterfly books to get those pictures off the computer but I am very intrigued by Project Life too but haven't even started that.

Today I wanted to tell you about the latest challenge at  The Paper Shelter.  This time it is a little bit out of the normal comfort zone for most, we want to see those Shaped or Easel cards.  I had such a hard time with my card this time, well this was my third attempt and that is all I am going to say:)
I ended up using my Cameo to cut out the apple card shape which came from the Silhouette on line store.  The Cameo is another thing I need to learn more about for  sure.  I used my Sharpie  Paint pen to create the stitching and colored the little wooden scissors and apple with my Copics.  The paper is actually different journal cards and quotes that I pieced together from Pine Cone Press School Days collection.  I fussy cut cut my image Learning is Fun by The Paper Shelter.
Copics
Hair-E27 E47, E44, E42, E41
Skin- E11, E00, E000, R20
Clothes/Accessories- R59, R229, R27, R24/Y17, Y15, Y13/Y16/B95/C9, C7, C5, C3
Challenges
 Veronica and Pedro from The Paper Shelter are offering you a fabulous prize of $30 to spend on their website if you use a Paper Shelter image or 3 digis if you use another. 
Paper Playtime #11- Use 2 or more ribbons( I used 2 to create my bow).
Twisted Tuesday- School's Out for Summer - Must use a Child image Twist Use Yellow
Ribbon Carousel Blog RCC81- Celebrations(Celebrating Graduations and the End of School)
 Enjoy the rest of your week and I will see you in a couple of days with my card for the CMC Challenge that is going on right now.
 Signature2011

20 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Shelby what a clever idea being a Apple for the teacher, stunning colouring and design. hugs Shirleyxxx

Linda Palmer said...

Shelby, it doesn't look like a troublesome card, it looks fantastic.. I love the card, love the apple design and love your coloring on the darling image. Such a fun card as well as beautiful.

Lori Aragon said...

A is also for ADORABLE!!! I LOVE your card Shelby :)

Christine Dol said...

Such an adorable apple card! I love it! The colouring and colours are amazing!

L.B. said...

Very cute apple card. Love your little school girl. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime.

Lynne said...

Fabulous card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!!

Majo said...

This is very cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Vickie Y said...

What an adorable card! Thank you for playing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Lizzie R said...

This card is sooooo wonderful! The colours are perfect and holy smoke...I LOVE how you coloured her hair! Stunning! Thanks for joining us over at Twisted Tuesday challenges!

Tracie said...

Definitely a WOW card. Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

Jamie M. said...

Love this card. I love the shape and the image. Thanks for playing along with Twisted Tuesday! Looking forward to seeing your creations at our next challenge. ♥ Jamie at CraftyGirl21

Janis Lewis said...

This is fantastic! I love it! Thank you for playing at Paper Playtime. Your project is featured on our Facebook Page today and linked to your blog!
Paper Playtime Challenge Page on Facebook
:) Janis
Stampin' Up! Demo Girl

Unknown said...

This is so cute! Hope you will stop by and link up at Craftin Desert Divas “Ribbon or Twine” Linky Party.
Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a sweet card! Love the apple shape and the adorable image!

Thank you for participating in the Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card!Love the shape and your image! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday!

Tracey said...

I love this Shelby & your colouring is amazing :D
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh soooo cute!!! Thanks for participating in our TWISTED TUESDAYS challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Craftdee said...

Love it! The apple shape is such a clever idea... I'm with you I really need to use my Silhouette more - at all would be an improvement, actually! I don't seem to get time to "learn it", even though I know it would save me time in the long run. Cute image and fab embellishments - great colours too, like I said, I love it :-) Donna xx

Leslie Germain said...

Shelby. I love this card - adorable. And can be used for a teacher or even a student. I found you on twisted tuesday and am following you via GFC. Stop by and say hi. I would love for you to share your card on my whimsical Wednesday link up. Love connecting with other paper crafters.
Leslie
www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

Lori Turner said...

Such an adorable card!! Thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesdays!

Related Posts with Thumbnails