Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Sweet Stop 165 American Cutie

Hey everyone!! I hope everyone had a wonderful week.  We just finished up swim lessons so for awhile at least we can get back to no type of "set" schedule.  I love having my kids home but I do miss having those few hours of quite time a week to craft.  I can't even believe the 4th of July is almost here, where is the year going?
I had fun making my card for The Sweet Stop Sketch SSS165 this week.  I got a tad carried away with my layers... I can tell you I won't be mailing this card, it would cost a fortune:)
I fell in love with this image from Saturated Canary called To the Lake and thought it would make a great Americana kind of card.
 I found this paper from The Paper Studio and knew the weathered deck would work perfectly with my image. The sentiment is from C.C. Designs Summer Sentiments and the  Border punch is  Die-namics Zig Zag Border. I did have to change the shape of the oval on the sketch because the size I had just did not give me enough room to color the way I like to.
Copics
Hair E49, E29, E37, E57 Skin E13, E11, E00, R20,R23(lips&toes)B21(eyes)Clothes & Float- R59, R29, R27, R24/B97, B95, B93/e41, E42  Background B000/E41, E42/ E43
Challenges

 
Don't forget to visit the rest of the Sugar Babies this week.
Monika Davis
Cathy McCauley
Shannon White
Janice Melton
                   Wendy Ramlakhan(on vacation)
Chris Dickinson
Have a wonderful weekend I hope you find time to get crafty:)
Signature2011

8 comments:

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous coloring and an adorable image...not to mention the patriotic colors and perfect sentiment! Fabulous, Shelby! Love all the layers! It would be wonderful to cool off in the lake right now...it's soooo hot here! Have a relaxing weekend!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh I love the summery feel and the red, white and blue! Fabulous card! Have a wonderful day!!

Linda Palmer said...

Beautiful card Shelby. I love the paper you used. Awesome coloring, her tan is perfect. You did a great job.

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Shelby! Love your Sweet Summery image and your Coloring is just Gorgeous! Love the patriotic colors and your dp's are just Perfect too! Love this! 8-)

Hugs & Happy weekend!
Shannon

Shannon White said...

Wow Miss Shelby! Love your Sweet Summery image and your Coloring is just Gorgeous! Love the patriotic colors and your dp's are just Perfect too! Love this! 8-)

Hugs & Happy weekend!
Shannon

Monika/Buzsy said...

Darling card Shelby. Love the sweet image and the coloring. The jeans paper looks great! Also love the tag!

Patty Gorka said...

WOW, this is amazing! I love all those layers, super card! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

alethea said...

Fabulous card!! Love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at PCJ for our Kraft challenge! Hugsxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails