Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year and Some "Sweet" News

Happy New Year my crafting friends!! I hope 2011 is a blessed year for everyone.  I am so excited to tell you that I am an official Sugar Baby for The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog.   I am always using and playing along with Korin's wonderful sketches and I can't wait to share my cards with you.  Korin not only comes up with awesome sketches but her Sweet and Sassy stamp line is so cute.  This is also a wonderful way for me to start using my neglected rubber stamps, which is going to be one of my New Year's resolution.  Here is my first card using sketch SSS89.



This stamp is by Penny Johnson called Bird and Bear.  I was getting tired of snowflakes so I decided to do something a little springy.  The paper is Basic Grey's Koshi, the flower is Sizzix and the flourish I made with my new Christmas present a Cricut ,woohoo!! I colored everything with Copics and added a little Crystal Stickles. I am going to try and be better about keeping up with Copic colors and maybe start listing them again.


I hope that you will join us for the sketch challenge and stop by and meet the new Sugar Babes, what a talented group of ladies.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Signature Final

14 comments:

Diane said...

Wonderful card and image, Shelby - so bright and spring-like!
Diane x

martina's kaartjes said...

this is lovely ! great card !
happy 2011, wish you lots of luck and happiness !
greetings, martina
x

Korin said...

This is just precious! Love your coloring and that adorable image!

We are so honored to have you on the Sugar Baby Team :)! Welcome! I look forward to working with you over these next few months :).

Dawn Easton said...

Shelby, this is so flipping cute! Your colouring is amazing! Love the embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration to pull out my cricut! I used to cut things all the time but haven't used it in a couple of months...shame on me ;)
Looking forward to working with you over the next several months!!!
Happy New Year to you!

dolcreations said...

This is so cute Shelby! I love your colouring with the copics. Great take on the sketch that is for sure! Looking forward to working with you over the next couple of months!
Happy New Year!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh my word, I just LOVE LOVE L-O-V-E this awesome card! Adorable image, beautifully colored, gorgeous papers, love the sparkle.....love it all!

So excited to be on the sketch team with ya and I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

Christina said...

Woww this is a wonderful card Shelby!!
Hugs Kristel

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Yay!!!! So excited to be on a DT with YOU!!!! :) I love the flourish and the flower!!! GORGEOUS coloring too. I have the same resolution to use my poor unused/unloved rubber stamps. LOL

Happy New Year Shelby!!!

Joan Ervin said...

Awwww, this is adorable, Shelby...the little bear image is sooo cute and your coloring is fabulous!!!! Congrats on your new DT position!!!

Danni said...

Congrats on the DT!!
Such a super cute card!

Lori said...

Happy New Year to you Shelby!! I agree, it is time for the spring cards!! Your card is fantastic!!

Chelsea said...

Hi Shelby, congrats on making the DT! Woohoo! Your work is outstanding. The papers are gorgeous and so is your coloring.
Love,
Chelsea

Janie Printz said...

Awesome card. LOVe that SWEET little bear & how wonderfully you've colored him.
Hugs, Janie

Anonymous said...

oh this is fabulous Shelby! I thought these BG papers were hard to work with but you make them look wonderful! Adorable image and coloring....thinking I might own this bear (hope so)... love how you did the flower and flourish too! charming!
Pam Going Postal

Related Posts with Thumbnails