Friday, August 27, 2010

Halloween Release Day at ATS

Happy Friday!! We made it through our first week of school, the days seem so long when you have to get up at 6:00 and we are definitly ready for the weekend.

Today is Halloween Digi Release day at All That Scraps, yippee!!  As most of you know I am very new to the Blog world but it has been an amazing month and a half.  C.C. Designs has been one of my very favorite stamp lines since I discovered the world outside of SU and  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to be able to Design for ATS.  I am meeting such wonderful people and enjoy making these projects to share with you.  Ok enough chit chat for now lets talk about this cute Mad Scientist.

I used C.C. Designs Honey the Mad Scientist for the main image I then added the Eyeballs to her beakers (they come empty). I used the Empty Beaker and added the Skull to it then layered the Beaker and Eyeballs in front.  That is one of the many great things about Digis, you can adjust size and do so much with them.

I did want to share a few tips when using digis.  I personally have had no problem with ink smearing using Copics but it is always a good idea to let the printer ink dry really good or heat set.  The one thing I did find that caused smearing is Glossy Accents.  I added it to the eyeballs which looked great but it did smear so be careful ( I redid them).  On the Halloween projects I  worked with the images in Microsoft Word,  here is a link with some great tips.  I also use Adobe just depending on my mood but for the beginner, I would start with Word.
  I added the glass beads to the beaker liquid to give it a bubbly look, these are just so fun.  Now head on over to the ATS Blog to see the other great creations from the design team and the stop by the Store to get your Digis.

Details
Stamps- C.C. Designs Honey the Mad Scientist,Skull, Beaker w/Eyeballs, Eyeballs, Empty Beaker
Paper- Eeire from Basic Grey, SU Basic Black Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, P.S. Glitter black velvet ribbon
Accessories- Martha Stewart Drippy Goo Punch, Tiny Glass Marbles Crystal- Halcraft
Copic- Hair E53,55 Skin- E11, E00, E000, R20, R21  Eyeballs- G20,24,82  Clothes- V99,95,93.. YR16,18 ...C1,3,5,7,9
Free Standing Pop Up Card Design HERE

Signature Final

6 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Wow !!! Great card ! Love the details and the drops on the border !!
Have a nice day,
greetings, martina
x

Mandi-Lee said...

Shelby, love this! It is so so cute! I absolutely loove the colour combo you used for her hair...just brilliant! Great job!
lol
m
xxx

Jodi said...

Just adorable!! I love these cute images!! What a great way to use them on a card!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I saw this at the ATS blog and I was Gobsmacked!! It's is just soooo adorable. I love it!! Your's was my favorite project with the new release!!!

Hugs,
Wendy

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Im sooo behind on commenting! Sorry! Love this adorable creation! Those beakers are so cute! Cant believe I didnt think about adding the eyes to the beakers in her hand!LOL! Slapping my head here!LMBO!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Im sooo behind on commenting! Sorry! Love this adorable creation! Those beakers are so cute! Cant believe I didnt think about adding the eyes to the beakers in her hand!LOL! Slapping my head here!LMBO!

Related Posts with Thumbnails