Friday, August 6, 2010

All That Scraps Mermaid Digi Release


Today we are celebrating the All That Scraps Mermaid Digi release.  All of the adorable mermaid stamps are C.C. Designs by Christine Wooden.  I love mermaids , and it is probably a good thing since my girls like to watch Barbie and a Mermaid Tale on a semi daily basis.  I used Digi Mermaid Emma On Rocks  along with the Sugarplums Underwater Adventure Rubber Set (fish, bubbles) and AmyR Stamps Underwater Sentiments.


I had so much fun making this project.  I have wanted to make an Explosion Box ever since I saw how Suzanne Dean used acetate to give the "pop" up effect Here... very cute.  You can find a great tutorial at Splitcoaststampers  Here for the Explosion Box.  I did however increase my size to 9" box.


This was the perfect way to create an underwater scene.  I actually used a soda bottle that was cut into thin strips to give a nice strong spring and attached each end to opposite sides of the box. To make Emma stand up I used heavy duty sheet protectors and bent it in between the the 2 mermaid images.. One of the many great things about Digital stamps is that you can do a mirror image so it can be used on both sides.

Now head over to the All That Scraps Blog and see all of the wonderful projects that the Digi Team has made for you to get inspired.

Supplies
Stamps- Digi Mermaid Emma On Rocks,Sugarplums Underwater Adventure Rubber Set (fish, bubbles) and AmyR Stamps Underwater Sentiments.
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper- Cardstock is all Bazzill and the DP is Basic Grey Euphoria Collection
Accessories- Copics, Diamond Stickles, Fiskars Wave Punch, Spellbinders Large Circles, Sizzix Scribbles Swirl


Enjoy your weekend and I hope you find some time to be creative.

Signature Final

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome designing and coloring on your creation Shelby! Great presentation!
Pam Going Postal

Unknown said...

Shelby,
AMAZING, AMAZING,AMAZING! Can't wait for the next one.
Rhonda

Amy said...

Wowzers, girl! This is amazing, she looks fabulous with all her friends and strings of pearls!

mycardz said...

WOW!! What an amazing creation! Just a perfect way to showoff this gorgeous image. Very, very creative, I love it!! Awesome job. hugz, Mary

Laurie said...

I love your creation! So fun! Great job again!;) You've taken stamping to a whole new level!!

Robbi K said...

I LOVE IT! TOO CUTE!

Chelsea said...

OMG Shelby! You are super talented and so so creative! This blows me away! Amazing work!
Luv,
Chelsea

Suzanne J Dean said...

Stunning Shelby! You did a fabulous job and I just adore those fish all around her--brilliant work!

hugz,
Suzanen

Related Posts with Thumbnails